The internet contains millions of websites and the competition among law firms is fierce. A good SEO strategy is an extremely important part of any marketing plan. Most potential clients will never look past the first page of a Google search. You can buy a spot on the first page of Google, but you cannot buy an organic search. It is SEO that looks at the 200 ranking criteria that Google algorithms use to make sure you show up on the first page of Google organically.
- Organic searches get 90% of clicks compared to paid advertisements getting only 10%.
- Therefore, if people are not clicking on your firm organically, you will miss 90% of the searches done by potential clients.
- By conducting an SEO audit you can evaluate your website itself, your website content, and areas outside of your website such as link building, directories, and your Google My Business profile to make sure you rank above your competition.
- and don’t neglect the Local SEO (Google Maps) element – making the local 3-pack boosts your traffic significantly (and in the legal vertical it’s a hugely competitive place to rank).
Even if you’ve been selected in the past, you need to make sure your profile is up to date to be considered. Set up a 20-minute review to make sure you’re positioned for success in the selection process.
- A good audit will look at page titles, meta descriptions, H1 and H2 tags, and the alt tags on your website itself. These are tags that are used to describe your website and images on your website to Google. When evaluating your content an audit will look at all text on your site including the home page, practice area pages, bios, blogs, FAQs and more. It will evaluate your competitor’s content as well so that you can create the right keywords to improve on what they have done and rank higher than them. You want to make sure that the links to your website are coming from high-quality sources, that the directories you list on are well respected and use “do follow links”, and that the information on your Google My Business Profile is consistent and accurate compared to other places you show on the internet. These are just a few of the things that will be included in a good SEO Audit.
- Here’s Why It Matters To You. Law firms that rank higher in search engine searches are seen as more reliable and trustworthy than their peers. Boosting your SEO will give you an advantage over your competitors with very little time, money, or effort on your part. In fact, compared to other marketing strategies, the return on investment for SEO is much higher.
- Summarize Action Plan. Keep it fairly high-level and mention that I have successfully helped many small firms in the area succeed in this endeavor. And they can set up a free consultation by clicking below.